Kappa Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kappa Scans

Making Scans for a good purpose. Getting dropped manga back up.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you feel about stereotypes in anime?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rexytheking

Rexytheking

How do you feel about stereotypes in anime? Empty
PostSubject: How do you feel about stereotypes in anime?   How do you feel about stereotypes in anime? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 7:53 am

I'm assuming i can ask a question too...

So just like the question stated, how do you feel about stereotypes, this includes the classic otaku four eyes, the big breasted airhead, the femdom tsundere, the cool and silent yankee, etc. do you like how characters are usually classified in this way or would you rather have an original character with original personalities?

For me, I like the stereotypes/cliches. Aren't those the reasons we read manga/watch anime in the first place? To look for animes and mangas with a type of genre and/or a type of character? Personally I just love tsundere. I think it's just amazing and would pretty much go crazy if I ever seen a tsundere in real life. XP what about you guys?
Back to top Go down
haohao229900

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about stereotypes in anime?   How do you feel about stereotypes in anime? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:19 am

I like most of the stereotypes/clinches(I read quite a number of shoujo and like most of them), but when it is far too exaggerated in a non-comedic way or used too often, I'll find it annoying.
Back to top Go down
tokyodrift

tokyodrift

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about stereotypes in anime?   How do you feel about stereotypes in anime? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:20 pm

I generally don't like the stereotypes... it gives off the impression that the writers are just pretty lazy. Original characters/plots are like a breath of fresh air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about stereotypes in anime?   How do you feel about stereotypes in anime? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about stereotypes in anime?
Page 1 of 1